Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Journal #27- Persistence

Persistence is kind of a confusing word. When I thought of persistence a lot of things came to my mind. The first thing that came to my mind about it was doing the same things over and over again. Then, I thought about how it also means that you keep on doing things even when you may not need to it just becomes a habit. Persistence in my eyes is really related to a habit in my eyes.

I am persistent with some of the things that I do from day to day. The things that I am persistent with are sometimes good, but they can also be not as good too. One thing that is a big example of not so good persistence is when I pop my knuckles. I have a really bad habit of doing that, and I am very persistent with that even when I do not need to be. I am also have examples of things that were good for me to be persistent. I am good about making sure that I have all of my homework done, and also all of the work that goes along with the being the president of the FFA here at our school. I am persistent because I do my work/ homework every night and always make sure that everything is done and caught up.

Being a persistent person is usually always a good thing. I think that it is sometimes a hard thing to accomplish. I do not think that you can become persistent in something in just one day. I think that you really have to work on things to become persistent at them, and it could take weeks or months. It is pretty much like a habit. You develop it over a period of time. I think that being persistent is something that everybody should have a little bit of in their lives. I think we all could be more persistent at times, especially when it comes to school. I do not think that there are very many people that are not persistent though, it is a very common thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment