Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Journal #34- Argumentative Essay

ACT is always an intimidating thing to here. I think that sometimes we think about it too much, even though I have not taken it yet. I hope that I will just be able to remember all of the things that I learned and try to make it as easy as possible. I thought that writing an argumentative essay was going to be hard, but then once my partner Brandon Kuhl and I got started it seemed to be pretty easy. I think that it would be easy to explain and teach someone how to write a proper ACT argumentative essay. If the topic is something that you can find relation to at your school, then it would be even easier to write an argumentative essay about. I think the main thing about the essay is read the problem that they give you at the top and pick the side that you think would be best or believe in, first. After you pick your side, you need to figure out your support for deciding to be on that side of the argument. In the beginning of the essay you need to state the problem that has risen. Then, you need to state what you believe in. After that, you have to explain what the other side of the situation is so that the reader understands both sides. After you have explained the problem and both the sides that are possible to be on, you need to use your next couple paragraphs to add some reasoning and real life events that would add support to your side. In the ACT writings, they want you to use examples that you have been through or that your school has been through or discussed. They want you to be able to show support that you know would happen or has happened. You do not just want to say your side but then you have no reasoning, you have to show them why you believe in what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment