Thursday, January 6, 2011

Journal #28- Convincing Someone

Convincing someone to do something that I wanted to do is something that I have done a few times. I do not do it to everyone, but I do do it to some people. The person that I think of first that I convince to do things a lot is my sister. I usually am either telling her to do something in a bossy way, or I am telling her to do it because I am just giving her good advice. I think sometimes I might do it too much to her, but I know that it will be worth it. A lot of times I am just telling her to go feed the pigs or something simple like that. I will tell her when to do it or that she has to do it at some point because I will not be at home that night. I have to convince her sometimes, because she will not always understand why that I can just not do it myself. My sister and I do not always get along, so sometimes it takes a lot more to convince her to do something that I wanted her to. I do like to convince her to do things that I want her to in more of a way that I am advising her to do so. I feel like I have already been through some of the things that she has went through, so she should listen to me when I try to tell her how to behave in that kind of situation. I try to tell her the things that I did when I had to go through that and that she should do the same things, because it seemed to work out for me. I convince her these things, because I feel like she should not have to make the same mistakes that I did or go through the same things that I did. I think at times that I try to convince her to do things too much, and it comes across as I am trying to be bossy. Even though, I am really not trying to be that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment