Monday, January 10, 2011

Journal #30- Pleasant Plains Uniforms

Uniforms is a very touchy subject that comes up a lot in schools. I am not really a fan of uniforms at all. I have a lot of things that I have against them. Granted there is one or two things that would be good about uniforms, they do not help because of all the bad things.

I think that there are a lot of things that are not so good about uniforms. I think that the main thing for me is everybody looks the same. I like to see different things each day and different outfits. We all have our different opinions and values when it comes to close and I think that we should be able to express those. Another thing that would be bad about uniforms, is it does not help the issues that girls have with clothes or the issues that boys have. Girls would still roll up their skirts, and they would always be in a competition for who had the best shoes. I know this is true, because i have talked to girls from SHG and they told me all about it. They told me that they just roll the skirts so that they are not so long. They also said that they still always compete to see who has the best shoes. So, I know that the girl issues would never be solved. Also, boys still "sag" and do not wear their uniforms at appropriate levels.

I think that the uniforms would help for one thing for me. I think that it would be nice to not have to worry about what you had to wear, spend time picking that outfit out, or worrying if someone was going to judge you for that outfit. I know that girls who have went to private schools really like this, because they do not have to worry about what to wear. They also have told me that they do not have to worry about having the best clothes.

Uniforms really are not something I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment