Friday, January 21, 2011

Journal #33- Something That Started in Springfield

It is always cool to hear all of the things that different towns have started, and you would be surprised to hear all of the different and cool things thathave started in our town Springfield, Illinois. Springfield is a really big city that has a lot of history living in it. I have not been able to learn all of the different things, because I have only lived here for about six years, but I do know that our city is filled with a lot of things. I know that a lot of things started in Springfield. It is a city that you hear about even when you are studying history. I think a lot of people know about Springfield, Illinois. The big reason that most people know about our city is all the things that it has to do with Abraham Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln has started a lot in our town, and he is one thing that the city of Springfield still focuses on. We have a lot of things in our town that are about him. I think one thing that started in our town was the Abraham Lincoln Library and all of the things that we have to go along with that. Not a lot of cities have things to do with Abraham Lincoln or any president for that matter. I mean all most everything in our town has Abraham Lincoln behind it. I have not even been able to go to all of those different things. I am sure that there is also a lot of things that Springfield has started or brought to us. A lot of kids in my class had a lot of different things that they were yelling out that they knew that Springfield had started. I thought it was pretty cool to hear all of the different things that were started here. Some things really amazed you because you never would have thought something like that would have been started in our town.

No comments:

Post a Comment