Thursday, October 28, 2010

Poetry Anaylsis of Wendell Holmes: A Loving Cup Song

Katie McGraw and I read the "A Loving Cup Song by Holmes. We broke down each sentence and came up with this:
1.) Come gather the wood.
2.) The fire will burn again for everyone.
3.) The summer days are over, on to Christmas.
4.) They pass the loving stories and remember stories and memories.
5.) Pinning his love for them on his heart.
6.) He likes flowers, and they remind him of the boys.
7.) Spring comes along.
8.) They do not think life will be as fun as it was in the winter, they think it will be more work.
9.) They know that it will still be fun, or they are at least going to make it not a task.
10.) Life life is about love and filling each others loving cups.

I think that this was a really good poem. I thought that this meant a lot. I think to me it means, that we should try to fill each other's cups. Which means, that we should try to build each other up and always be nice to others. If we do that to others they will do it back to each other. I think it also was saying how we should always be trying to make memories and remember all of our past memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment