Friday, October 1, 2010

Journal #11- Ethics & Values

Ethics and values are a thing in life that everyone has. They may not realize that they have them, but they do. I think it is important to set morals and values for yourself. I think it is important, because you need to set your boundaries. You need to be able to set them so you can tell yourself what is right and wrong. For instance, a moral of mine is I do not like cheating. I do not like it when people cheat on tests, because you did not earn that grade. Also, not only did you not earn the grade, but the person that you cheated off to get a better grade really worked hard to study and to pass that test. I will admit, that I do get help on homework a lot, not in a cheating way, but I like to make sure I am doing the things right. I like to ask people for help if I do not understand something, but I think that is ok. Another moral that a lot of people set is no sex before marriage. I think that this is a really good moral to set. It is really hard to keep this one sometimes, but you just have to remember the promise you made yourself. Also, sometimes morals like that might affect the person you are with, or dating, so you have to be sure sometimes that the other person knows your values. You also tell them, because if they do not necessarily share the same values of you then maybe you should not be with them. Morals and values are a really big thing in life, and you have to be sure that you set ones, so that if you are in a situation you can remember those and lean back on them. Sometimes you get in situations, and you have to tell someone why you do not believe in it or why you do not want to do that, and if you have morals you can just explain those.

No comments:

Post a Comment