Monday, October 18, 2010

Journal #15- Where Do You Use Logic and Reasoning?

Logic and reasoning are two qualities that we use everyday, and a lot everyday. We may not realize that we use these qualities, but we do! I really think that we use logic and reasoning for about everything we do. I think we use it for everything, because you have to think about what you are doing, which is logic, before you do anything. Then, if you have to justify to someone why you did that, you give them your reasoning. I think these traits are used the most when it comes to school, and they are also used a lot when it comes to living with parents. I use logic and reasoning a lot in my pre- calc class at school. I have to write down my problem and solve it, but I know the answers because of the notes and the formulas that go along with it. I also use it in other classes when the teachers ask us to write essays and give examples and explain what each one means. I also use logic and reasoning a lot when I am at home, and I am accountable for all my actions. Parents make you the most accountable for your actions it seems like. At home if we do something wrong, we have to tell our parents why we did it, and if that was a good decision on our part. An example of when we use it with our parents would be, if we fight with our siblings they always question us about it. We have to say if it was necessary to be fighting with them or why we did it. I think that logic and reasoning is a good thing to use because we have to be accountable for why we do things the way we do them, whether they are good or bad. I mean sometimes it makes things worse, because we do not always like to be accountable, but it always works out for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment