Friday, August 27, 2010

Journal #1- Native American Culture

I do not know very much about Native Americans. I do know that they are called Native Americans, because they were born and raised in America. They are also what we would call Indians. Not very many people know of them as Native Americans. When you hear the name Native Americans, people usually do not know what that person is talking about. You have to think about it first, and then you realize that they are talking about Indians. When Mr. Langley assigned this I was kind of confused, but then I realized I did know some things about the Native Americans. I know that that is what the Pocahontas movie was based on. Pocahontas is not really true about the life of Pocahontas. She actually did have thing for John Smith, but she ended up moving back to England and marrying a guy named John Ralph. Native Americans were also in the Twilight Series. There are Native Americans that live in a town called La Push, and they are main characters in the book. Jacob, a Native American, is the most popular one and a very important character. He falls in love with Bella Swan. When Jacob got to a certain age, he got to the point to where he was part of a pack that turned into wolves. They turned in to wolves whenever they were angry or wanting to protect someone. Jacob always made sure he was protecting Bella. I do not know a lot about Native Americans, besides what I know from movies, but I do know a little about them. I know that they were the ones that were always living in America, and we have never been quite sure how they got here. I also know that they had groups. Also, they lived in tee pees. I think that they are interesting to learn about, but it seems like we do not learn much about them, and they are the ones that were here in America before anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment