Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grapes of Wrath- My Thoughts

Grapes of Wrath was a pretty good book. At first, I could not really get in to it. I thought it was kind of boring at the beginning, and I barely wanted to read it. Then, I just stuck it out and read it all, and I ended up really liking it. I really thought it was an interesting book, and one that I really enjoyed. I liked what this book had to say. It showed us lessons that they went through, that could help us too. The Joad family was a really strong and loving family, and I really liked that about them. You could really learn a lot as a familiy, through the Joad's family. A lot of families in America are splitting up just because times are getting ruff, or they can not get along. The Joad family went through a lot such as having to pack up everything and move, take care of dieing familiy members, and stick together even though times were ruff in the Great Depression. They went through a lot, and could have easily gave up, but they did not. Another thing that I liked about Grapes of Wrath, was it showed us how people really lived during the Great Depression. The Great Depression was a time that was really awful and ruff, and American never wants to have to go through that again. I am glad that this book was based on this time, because we do not want to forget about this time. We need to realize how lucky we are for what we have and the jobs we have, because during that time they did not have much. I think that this book has a lot of great themes in it. While reading this book, we can really learn a lot. I did not think this book was going to be as good as it was, and I am really glad I got to read this book too.

No comments:

Post a Comment