Sunday, August 22, 2010

Grapes of Wrath- As the Reader

As the reader, I thought Grapes of Wrath was pretty good. I am glad I got to read this book, and I really learned a lot. There was a lot of things I liked about this book, and really nothing at all that I did not like. I think it is good to read about what people went through back then, like the Joad family. We need to see just what they really went through. Not only did we get to see what they went throught, but we got to get every detail, and we got to see just how it really was. At times, it could get pretty graphic and you could not believe just what they really went through. I also liked how this book showed us how important families are. The Joad family showed us how important it was to always stick together as a family, no matter what you are going through. Even though sometimes it gets ruff, and it would be easy for you to split up you got to stick it out and stay together. Another thing that I liked about this book, was it seemed like everybody was always worried about someone else before they were worried about themselves. Ma Joad was always taking care of everyone else, Rose of Sharon breast fed a man dieing of starvation, and Tom and Al were always fixing their car and other people's cars. We can not forget what they went through in the Great Depression. We tend to forget things like that, and that affected us forever. Once again, I am glad I got to read it, because if I did not have to read it for this class I probably would have never read it. I learned a lot through reading it, and I will remember reading it forever. I recomend other people to read it to, because you get to see just how it was in history in a way that you probably have not before.

No comments:

Post a Comment