Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grapes of Wrath- Theme

I think that the Grapes of Wrath had a really stong theme. A theme that you could really notice while reading the book. I think if you got a bunch of people together, and you all had to decide the theme, I think that everyone might have a different answer. I think there was more than one theme in this book, but the theme that stuck out the most to me was how strong a family can be. The theme should America, that a big family can go through hard times, and also go through the Great Depression and still stick togeter. They not only stuck together, but loved each other a lot.The Joad family was such a strong family even though they had to pack up everything and move to California, their son Tom had been through prison, and they were losing people that really mattered in their life. I think that is amazing that a family can stick together, and they can love each other so much even though the worst things ever are happening to their family. Also, they were living during the Great Depression, and it would have been easy to give up, and everyone just split up and do whatever they want to look for jobs. Ma Joad was not going to allow anyone in their family to leave, ever. She always wanted them to stick together, even when times got really ruff and at times it would have been easy to split up, she would not allow it. We have families now a day that think it is ruff, but they should have tried to live during the Great Depression, they would not know what to think. I really liked the the theme in this book, and I think if people saw this theme too they would realize it is a pretty good book. I wish families were more like the Joad family. I do see some like the Joad family, and I think those are so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment