Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Journal #9- Organized Religion

When I saw what the topic was for this journal, I did not really know what he was talking about. I had never really heard of organized religion. Then, I got to thinking about it, and realized that maybe I did know a little about organized religions. Organized religion in my eyes are the religions like Baptist, Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, and other religions like that. When you look up the definition of organized religion, it really kind of confuses you. In my eyes, I just think it says organized because it is an actual religion that people believed in, and also a religion that believes in God. I do not think that religions that worship something other than God would be known as an organized religion. I am a Southern Baptist, and I know what I believe in and most of the things that you do as Southern Baptist, but when it comes to other religions, I really have no idea what I am saying or talking about. I do not know much about Catholics or any other religion like that. I just have not learned much about them. I do know that we all believe in God, but we do differ any many ways too. I know that we all have different ways in believing how we get to heaven. I do not know much after that though. I am not necessarily against those different religions, they just believe in something different than what I believe in. I do not really know what organized religion really means, but I blogged what I thought that it means to me. When I think of organized writings that is what I think of. I am sure that every one else probably was totatlly different than me though. I do like discussing religions though, because I am a strong believer in God, and I like to share with people what my beliefs are. I just know that some people do not think the right things.

No comments:

Post a Comment