Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Journal #7- Supersitions

I do not really think that I believe in any superstitions. I am not big on witchcraft, ghosts, or anything like that. I tend to think of those kinds of things when I think of superstitions. I do not believe in the superstition of Friday the thirteenth, but it is a big one that I can think of. A lot of people think that if the thirteenth of the month lands on a Friday, then it is probably not going to be a good day. They think that it is really bad luck, and everything is probably going to be wrong. They start to think about it too much, and every little thing that might go wrong on that day, they think it is because of Friday the thirteenth. They do not realize, that all of the "bad" things that happened that day, would have happened that day anyways even if it was not a Friday or the thirteenth. I do not believe in things like this, because I believe in God, and he does not say or talk about believing in superstitions in the bible. I do not like superstitions, because people take it too far, and half the time they do not really know what they are talking about. People also believe in superstitions because someone tells them to, and they just believe in it. I hate when people do that, because they do not even know what they are believing in, they just know that someone told them to believe in it. I am not against people that believe in superstitions though, because I do not turn down other beliefs, or look down on other people that have different beliefs. I just wish people knew how things really were, and did not believe in things that do not make since. Friday the thirteenth is really not anything but another day. It is not a day that is going to be bad, or a day that is going to give everyone bad luck, it is just a regular day.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on all of this Katie. I think it is dumb that people believe in Friday the 13th and all those other superstitions. It is just something stupid that people believe in for no reason.

    ReplyDelete