Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Journal #43- Jazz Music

I do not like jazz music. I thought while listening to it in class it was too distracting. I can not barely think when I am listening to jazz music. I think that it is just too much for me. But maybe that is because I have not ever really been exposed to it.

When I listened to this jazz song that Alex had playing on his computer, I got a little bit of image. When I hear jazz music, all I really think about is someone playing a saxophone. I imagine them playing their sax and sitting in an alleyway for some reason. Also, I think that it is a guy playing and he is trying to entertain people that are walking by in the night time. He gets very into his music, and you can tell by the way he plays that music is his life. I think that he is thinking that if he plays really good that he will be able to earn some tips. He is going to play hard because he wants to make money to treat his woman. I think he is a single guy that is just trying to make a living. The woman that I am saying he is trying to please it just random women that he decides to take to dinner.

Also, when listening to this kind of music I think of Olive Garden for some reason, because this is the kind of music that they play. I do not know why I think of this but I do. At restaraunts this music is not that bad, because they do not have it that loud and it is just a song playing lightly in the background so it is relaxing.

One last thing that I think of when I am listening to this jazz song is someone running around that has a lot of things to do. I think they are very busy and when the song gets louder or speeds up they are getting frustrated with all of the things that they have to do. Then, it slows down and they are relaxing because they got a few things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment