Sunday, July 25, 2010

Old Man and the Sea- My Thoughts

I thought the Old Man and the Sea was a pretty good book. I enjoyed reading it, and it was a very easy read. Most of the things in the book I loved, but there was also some things that were kind of confusing and I didnt really get. The things that I did like about the book were the relationships, the courage, and all the faith in the book. I like how the book showed how important those relationships were, and how much people will do for one another. I also liked how the book showed so much courage, and if you really want to get something done you can get it done. They were never lazy in this book, and they never gave up on anything they were doing. There were times when Santiago could have gave up on getting his big fish, but he did not because it meant a lot to him. He also never wanted to give up because he wanted to show people that he was a good fisher. Never giving up is something that I really love to see and read about, because it makes you want to be the same way. I did not really like how the book kind of left out some information about the book. It seemed to me like I would have got a little more into the book if there were some more details. I would have liked to know the fish Santiago had caught in the past, the boys name and age, and I also would have liked to have known about other people that were in the town besides Santiago and the boy. The Old Man and the Sea was definetaly one of my more favorite books I have read this summer, and I could read it again. This book would also be one that I would recomend other people reading too. It had a good theme to it, and there were also a lot of beliefs in values that I enjoyed in it also. Once again, I thought it was a very easy read, and most people would do good understanding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment