Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Journal #40- Personal Self

Defining self in your own eyes seems like something that would be easy, but when you start thinking about it it is a lot harder then what you would think it would be. I think when I try to define self of myself, I look at the things that I believe in and the things that I go by in life, and also the things that mean something to me in my life. I think self for me is my religion and the beliefs that go along with that. I believe things like once saved always saved, you can be forgiven for all sin, all sin is the same, and also things like you can not live with the one you love until you are married. I live by these beliefs, and even though I am not perfect I try to do my best. I also try to make sure that I live by the statement that I said earlier that says that all sin is the same. I think this is a hard thing to live by, because we as humans always think that when others do something really bad that it is always way worse then the things that we do wrong. It is hard to think when someone commits murder that God looks at it the same as when I might fail to stop at a stop sign. I am usually quick to judge also, which is not really a good thing to do either. I think that my "self" is not something that should judge. I think that we should look at people and be nice to them first before we judge them so fast like I do. Another thing that I see in my self, is doing good in all that I do. I want to do good in a lot of things such as school, work, family and friends. I get mad at my "self" when I do not perform in the way that I think I should. I have high expectations for myself, and I let myself down when I do not reach those.

No comments:

Post a Comment