Monday, May 9, 2011

Journal #44- Movie in Post Modernism

The movie that I chose is the movie Twilight that is based on the novel Twilight written by Stephanie Meyer. I really enjoyed this movie, and I know a lot about it so I figured that it would be easy to identify and analyze all of the different parts of post modernism that are in it.

Twilight is a big book in this time, and it is the first out of four books in the Twilight series. The first book is Twilight, second is new moon, third is eclipse, and the last one of the series is Breaking Dawn. I read the whole series, and I loved every book, and new moon is probably my least favorite. I decided to go with the twilight book to analyze it's movie, because it is the main one that everyone knows about and it is also where it all started, so it is the most important in my eyes.

The Twilight series is mainly about love. In the movie Twilight, it is pretty much the book that starts it out and describes the main girls life, Bella, and describes and tells us about how she is moving into a new town with her dad. She meets the guy, Edward, that she falls in love with at this new school in her dad's town. I think that this movie has quite a few examples of post modernism in it. I think it shows me a lot of the American Dream. The movie is all about a couple falling in love, and this is a lot of the American Dream. Everybody just wants to fall in love and start a family with this person. I also think that there is a hero in this book. I think the hero is Edward, because he is always trying to help Bella and save her when she is clumsy. We see a lot of heroic characteristics with Edward. We also see another point that is nature. Bella and Edward spend a lot of time outside together and are always doing crazy things outside because of Edwards skills as a vampire. There are more points, but these are the main things I see that remind me of modernism.

No comments:

Post a Comment